Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Not only no...

So I thought I would treat myself to Arie. Basic doll, no outfit, cute little wig, and I was fine until they factored in the shipping. Twenty percent of the cost of the doll, to ship her here from Korea? I don’t think so!* I will keep that money in savings, and the next time one of my girls is ready to order from DOD, I’ll jump in and split the shipping.

I should probably also buy stock in the company that makes packing peanuts.

*In relating this to Trainman, he said that is actually about right for overnight shipping to/from overseas. He’s a broker; they do that sort of thing all the time.

It took me over a year to get used to the idea of spending $20+ for a skein of sock yarn. I suppose I will adjust to this in time, but still...

2 comments:

nekokoi said...

that really is a remarkably good shipping rate. at work we charge 5 bucks a pound to ship internationally.

Rory said...

Yeah I do sometimes flinch at the shipping but it's truly worth it. $50 for shipping is a GOOD deal. Most SD dolls or larger, it's closer to $80.