Saturday, August 15, 2009

No dolly knitting yesterday.

I have to try to keep my human kids happy, as well. Marked progress on Firstborn’s sock. If I get to the heel gusset, I will allow myself to do the waist shaping on Cuprit’s sweater.

I seem to have organized a doll meet. Borders at Hulen and I-30, Friday, September 25th, 7:00pm. If Cuprit is not here ~ and I am not holding my breath ~ then Nekokoi has graciously agreed to loan me one of her girls for the occasion.

I am getting to know Rorek’s best friend’s brother on DoA. It is refreshing to read PM’s which are properly punctuated and not littered with IMisms. [I read Jane Austen and like it. Sue me.]

I bought the Fall issue of Vogue Knitting last night, as much to look for things I could adapt to doll-scale, as for anything for me. I found something in one of the advertisements that I think will do very well for a birthday gift for my sister, and might serve as a sword for Tinies: a multimetal darning needle, very smooth and a work of art. Remind me to put up a link later.

I’m off to get some breakfast and knit awhile.

2 comments:

nekokoi said...

i'm looking forward to the meet! <3

..and the looking through other things and thinking "ooh! dolly use!" is a sure sign of addiction. xD

Rory said...

Christy reminded me that it is worth noting that her brother is a 5th grade teacher. XD So, his writing, even casual writing as PMs are, is likely to be well written.