Sunday, April 9, 2017

The harp and bookcase are in transit.

Expected delivery is tomorrow. And I'm not sure where I'll put them. Or what Blessing will sit on to play the harp. I checked with the artisan, and she says that I need a chair with a seat that's six inches high. There's another maker in Austin who creates a chair that might work. I like the basic lines of it, and it's relatively inexpensive, but I'll need to see what Middlest thinks.

I've realized that the new doll has airplane ears rather like a goat we once owned. Nubian goats have ears that flop down. Alpine goats have ears that stick up, like a llama's. Nubian-Alpine crosses have ears that stick out like airplane wings. Tuffy's ears were horizontal and parallel to the ground, while the doll's are horizontal and perpendicular to the ground.

I still don't know what I want to call the new doll. (Some of my kids would say I'm nuts for saying this, but she hasn't told me her name yet. Doll people will understand.) All I know is that she wants to wear warm pastels, which is problematic because I don't tend to collect yarn and fabric in those colors.

I checked Knit Picks last night, and there are new colorways in both Shadow (100% merino laceweight) and Gloss Lace (70% merino, 30% silk), all of which are calling my name.

What do you call a virtue who is truly virtuous, and also high maintenance?

No comments: