Monday, April 10, 2017

Crushed.

The bookcase is in good shape, and I'll take a picture of it later. I wish I could say the same for the harp.

This is what greeted me when I opened up the box. Notwithstanding the care with which she had wrapped everything, the harp broke in multiple places, and it's mostly unstrung.

I searched through the bubble wrap twice and could not find the broken bit for the top of the harp, but Middlest's younger eyes and hands found it tucked in a fold of the wrapping. It was so small and so light that it didn't weigh down that corner.

The base is broken as well. I've written to the artisan, and I have no doubt she will find a way to repair the harp, or to replace it.

Fortunately, the package was insured.

I'm going to go knit.

Edited to add: she can fix it! I've swaddled it within an inch of its life, and I'm shipping it back to her after work tomorrow!

No comments: