Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tulle time!



From left to right: pale butter yellow, pale celadon, smoky plum, and a rich cocoa brown. The trim is for a jacket [or something] to go with the skirt. Even though it looks like a true pink with that aqua, it is a slightly dusty pink, and it is several tones lighter than the lighter silk in the necktie skirt. It’s as if the Trim Factory Fairy woke up one morning and said, “Oh goodness, there is a woman in Texas who will want to make a jacket for a BJD to go with a skirt she will whip up from two silk neckties. I must please her!”

Thank you, Trim Factory Fairy. Thank you.

The yellow thread and tulle are for a yellow tie with teddy bears on it, which will become a dress or skirt for Beyla.

I have hauled all of my DMC and Anchor floss out of the studio and onto the coffee table. Barring the unexpected, I will gleefully stitch away tonight. At this point I’m not sure if the tulle underskirt will be plum or brown; both look great against the skirt. I suppose I could make one of each?

No comments: