Saturday, June 17, 2017

Still life with feathers.

Several years ago, when I only had one or two dolls, Fourthborn and I explored an upscale fabric shop on the service road along the PGBT (the Bush) named Fabrique. It had bought the stock of Kay Fabrics when they closed up shop. I bought some Dior grey silk duppioni to make trousers of some sort for Faith. (Ahem: still yet to be made.)


Today I took in the Louisa Harding Sari Ribbon (above) in the muddy green colorway that I bought after knit night on Thursday.

I came home with a yard each of muddy green silk dippioni (which reads as bronze or gold in these pictures) and iridescent cotton voile, plus several yards of lace and trim, and one yard of amazing stuff from trimmed-down feathers. I'm not sure how I'll use the latter, but it called my name. (Trust me, this all tones wonderfully, regardless of what you're seeing on your monitor.)

Middlest and Fourthborn helped me get some patterns printed in the right scale from freebie PDFs posted on DeviantArt. Lots and lots of trial and error.

I had a deliciously long nap this afternoon, so there's time to work on Avery's sweater before going to bed for the night. Although there's time to try out a pattern for thigh high stockings if I have thread in the right size.

No comments: