Sunday, June 11, 2017

Restrung and ready for adventure!

I never figured her for a blonde with chin length hair, but she likes this wig. And long hair might tangled get up in her crossbow. She didn't want her old eyes. So she's borrowing a pair from Middlest until the order I just placed with Mint on Card arrives. I don't know that she'll like them any better, but they'll fit somebody.

I love how much softer her features are, now that she's gently washed and restrung and clothed. Her outfit is also on loan from Middlest. I think her style will be a pared-down Boho/gypsy look for dress-up and overalls or leggings and boots for when she's working.


Personality read: intelligent, tender-hearted, innocent but not naive, determined. While all of those qualities would suit someone named Mercy, I think this one is Justice. We think she's claimed the crossbow, et al, that arrived in yesterday's mail, with the same polite firmness in which Celeste claimed the harp.

I need to grab the sunglasses that were mistakenly sent along with Honor's glasses, and see if they're supposed to be this one's ... nope. They swam on her face, but they fit Celeste perfectly; she looks as if she were channeling Melody Gardot.

I've since found Justice's brother, Mercy. And the name of Harmony's brother: Valor; he's the one I put on layaway Friday night.

I'd been looking around my room, trying to remember where I put the knitting bag with my Alice Starmore book of Fair Isle patterns. Yesterday I came out here into the living room and asked Fourthborn, "Is there a grey knitting bag on the floor by your chair?" There was. Which means that after dinner I can bring the third sleeve on Avery's sweater to the point where I stopped on the second sleeve (I'm almost there) and figure out where we go from here.

No comments: