Sunday, October 4, 2009

What have we here?



That funny-looking shape is the first side panel on the Noro sweater, which may or may not end up as a kimono or haori jacket. I picked up stitches along the fuchsia side, cast on 20 for the underarm edge, picked up stitches down the plum side, and used a combination of decreases and short rows to work in toward the center of the panel and have the bottom edge narrower than the top. I used a three needle bind-off down what would be the side seam, and once this has been steam-blocked I think it will be pretty amazing. At this writing, I have the second panel cast on and am knitting it slowly, writing down the instructions as I go.

The black band of garter stitch which you see through the armscye and along one edge of the sweater, is the neckband.

No sewing, to speak of, all weekend. But lots of happy knitting, both people-scale and doll scale.

No comments: