Thursday, July 6, 2017

I may have ordered another chair.

I definitely finished the second shoulder on Avery's sweater, and I've picked up the stitches for the neck ribbing. Before I get to work on that, I'll make myself graft the underarm seam. I go through periods where I think Kitchener stitch is really cool ~ it is pretty magical ~ and others when I think it's the devil. The first underarm seam had a fairly high PITA (pain in the neck) factor, chiefly because most of the stitches had sunk down into the prior row and required a lot of coaxing to get back onto needles and facing the right direction.

Kitchener in worsted yarn on fat needles is pretty much a piece of cake. Kitchener on 0000 needles is not.

I hope to have a pinned-out-for-blocking sweater to show you in the next day or so. And a chair for Blessing to show you sometime around mid-week.

No comments: