Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Blessing's little corner of the world.

It's expanding. I found an old picture of Beloved in his prime and Squishy as an adolescent, and I hung it on the wall when Middlest and Fourthborn were out of the house, so the banging would not exacerbate Middlest's migraine. I also took the ribbon off the Moroni replica that I bought in the gift shop in Nauvoo last summer. If I remember correctly, the first Moroni atop the original Nauvoo temple was more like a weather-vane, unlike the standing angel which graces most modern temples.


Eventually I will find another spot for my alarm clock, white noise machine, etc. But for now doll-scale items are peacefully coexisting with human-scale items. It might be visually jarring, but it's expedient and practical.

I made more progress on the third sleeve of Avery's sweater at Knit Night. I'm done with the pale green lattice pattern and ready to do the next one. But not tonight. I just took my evening meds and enjoyed a mug of buttermilk and a handful of ginger cookies. After dinner I had what I suspect was some wicked reflux. I wish there were a way to carry a flask of buttermilk for times like that. It settles things down like nobody's business.

No comments: