Thursday, September 10, 2009

Photos are on the main blog, but...

A whole sleeve done on Cuprit’s sweater yesterday, and about an inch done this morning on the second sleeve, after I woke inexplicably just after 3:00. I am hoping that when I go to bed tonight, the second sleeve will be done, and I will be ready to start the raglan decreases.

Her skirt is still pin-basted and draped atop the back of the couch while I try to decide whether I want to clean off the table in my studio so I can set up my sewing machine to do the French seam, or stitch it by hand.

I am a little dismayed by the Marketplace rule changes on DoA. Six months before I can offer custom work! On the other hand, four and a half months from now I will have a better feel for just what it is that I might want to offer.

I had a little flash of possible insight, possible indigestion, this morning. It is possible to buy needlepoint canvas [silk, I think] for miniature projects. I can picture working the fronts of a waistcoat in petitpoint with silk floss at 20-25 stitches per inch. And old-fashioned needlepoint slippers for the bigger dolls.

Heading back to bed, I think. Though my tummy has started growling...

No comments: