Saturday, October 14, 2017

Valor in good company

Valor, standing for the right.


It took four hands, two chopsticks, and my largest crochet hook to switch out Valor's feet. I'd put on as much of his armor as I could without help, but the dark elastic slightly stained his arms, so we're holding off on armoring him until I can make him a skin-colored undershirt with elbow-length sleeves that will prevent staining.

I now know why knights had pages to help them get dressed. It took me the better part of half an hour to figure out what goes where and get it arranged properly. At first I had his gaiters on his arms, and I couldn't figure out what to do with the two long "belts" until I looked at the pictures on the company website. They wind around his gaiters.

Close-up of his sword. I don't know if it's big enough to be a claymore, but it's definitely a two-handed sword of some sort. I looked on Wikipedia and ended up more confused than when I started.


Valor with Legolas and Gimli. Gimli seems a little suspicious, but I think Legolas is glad to have another elf on the team.


Valor and Celeste. I don't know if she's playing a battle hymn or a Celtic lullaby.

No comments: